NEXT GENERATION CELLULAR CONNECTIVITY
Licensing division came to me to help drive rapid adoption of 5G. Key partners had problems building desire in the market because it was unclear what new experiences the technology could enable.
How might we get key partners to rapidly adopt this new technology?
The technology value story I created drove early adoption of 5G by targeted key partners.
UX strategy and art direction. In collaboration with marketing, regulatory, engineering, licensing, product managers, 3rd party vendors, and CTO.
UX STRATEGY PROCESS
Drove design thinking process to identify near term use cases that show the value of the new technology, 5G - the next generation of cellular connectivity.
- Expert interviews - understand technology capabilities
- User interviews and observations - summative research to understand problems with current technology and formative research to identify future trends
- Trends - identified what new experiences 5G could enable
- Formalized innovation brainstorms - gathered user and technical insights as inspiration to create new experiences
- Design experiences - defined requirements
- Validate - built buy in from technical experts and users
ART DIRECTION PROCESS
Led multiple efforts across divisions, defining delivery formats, and overseeing the execution of all assets. Created assets that told the technology value story.
- Story boards - created hand illustrations
- Video - owned directing, producing, casting, videography, motion graphics
- Experience design - interaction and device screen design
TECHNOLOGY VALUE STORIES
5G SEAMLESS EXPERIENCES
Watching a vlog with deep zoom and computer vision search to return relevant content.
Live vlogging showcasing facial tracking for beautification and real time speech recognition for hashtag generation.
5G SHARED COMPUTATION
Highlighting a new type of distributed computing model which could enable innovative VR experiences.
5G REAL TIME EXPERIENCES
Bringing new life to real time synchronous experiences with "Peak" 5G hotspots.